The Fight For Your Soul – Has Begun
In the rush of everyday life, a person’s perceptive tendencies can be dulled by all of life’s distractions, resulting in a blurred and reduced awareness of reality, of events, of connecting the dots in everyday life to be able to recognize patterns, trends and Truth. As a Christian, one believes in the words of the Bible, in the history of it, the matter of fact of it, the prophecies of it; the present and future reality of it.
At the same time, however, we live our everyday lives the best that we can, we parent our children the best that we can, we do our jobs the best that we can; we live as Christians the best that we can.
“And that is precisely what brings us to The “Elephant in the Room”, and the obvious question directed at discerning whether we would actually be able to recognize, or perceive, if the prophecies in the Bible have been, and are, unfolding and occurring right in front of us, without our even being aware of it.”
Admittedly, not an expert in the Bible, this author is aware of the concept of “End Times” and the associated characteristics that accompany it. Undeniably present and real in today’s world, several, prophecized events or indicators of the End Times include:
- A Rapid Accumulation of Knowledge (Internet)
- Violence and Sexual Immorality (Hollywood / Gay & Lesbian Lifestyle)
- Earthquakes (Steadily Increasing Frequency and Magnitude)
- Christians being Killed because of their Faith (Radical Islam / ISIS)
These are the more obvious and observable indicators of the End Time Prophecy in the Bible. Connecting the dots of these and other events or realities is a difficult task at best, however, these trends are indisputable and occurring in the world today.
- Regular and fervent Prayer
- Genuine effort to become more familiar with the Bible
- Sincerely work to live our lives to serve as examples for our children and others to witness
- Obtain Personal Gratification from living a Righteous life
- Strive to spend 10 minutes of Reflection on a Daily Basis
- Leverage opportunities to help others and demonstrate good will
- Promote Optimism and Positive Action toward others
- Regularly practice Forgiveness
- Consciously avoid thoughts of Revenge, Immorality and Irreverence
In short, many people have become out-of-focus and living as zombies, and have become immune to the world that surrounds (and impacts) them, focusing exclusively on the “routine” of life, striving to maximize opportunities for leisure while minimizing controversy and conflict. What gets lost in the process, however, is our fundamental, our predestined purpose for being here; to help others, to learn about ourselves and to prepare for eternity.
Find your faith. Be a Christian. Don’t be a zombie. Be well.
Posted on October 23, 2014, in General, Personal Growth, Philosophy, Theology, Truths, Videos and tagged apocalypse, Bible, Christian, End time, God, horses, Prophecy, Rapture, Revelation. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.