Are you Authentic or are you Living Someone Else’s Version of You?
- Made in the U.S.A.
- The Real Deal
- Authentic Athletic Performance
- It’s the Real Thing
So, what exactly does it mean to be an authentic person and/or live an authentic life?
For me, authenticity is a storyboard. It is knowing who I am, my aptitudes, interests, skills, limitations. It is what my core values are, what is important to me, where I draw my boundaries, defining my goals and developing my relationships. Once that framework is defined (it is never complete), it’s a road map of sorts, call it my internal compass of where I ‘should’ be going and what I ‘should’ be doing in life.
The more closely my alignment becomes, the better I feel about myself, the lower stress I experience and the happier I become and more peaceful I feel. This is not rocket science, folks! It is common sense, taking yourself seriously and then making the commitment to change what needs changing and doing more of the things that create and maintain that alignment; and harmony.
Two essential points about authenticity:
1. Self-Awareness (knowing and accepting who you are as a human being)
2. Ownership (taking responsibility for who you are and holding yourself accountable for the results)
- Be yourself to free yourself… (gbrianbenson.wordpress.com)
- The Secret to Success? Just be You. (women-unlimited.co.uk)
- Defining Your “Authentic Brand” (authenticmarketing.wordpress.com)
- NEW Website for Spirit of Purpose Community (liesthatlimit.wordpress.com)
- Presence (selfawarenessforchange.wordpress.com)